‘Art’Posted: November 26, 2011
Every time I try to improve the game’s look I try something ambitious, and by the end of the day I look at it and think, “Well that’s clearly not working,” and scrap it. Today I think I made something nice; or at least, nicer than what I had before.
It’s roughly the same amount of polygons I had in the old background, but I think this one looks much nicer. I haven’t gotten around to putting it in the game yet though; that’s for tomorrow.
I played around with patterns with shots originating from several locations
I also fixed fog and fade transitions. Haha, something as small as fade transitions has been such a big problem for me, I felt so good when I made it work.
I have fading in effects for 2D stuff working fine, like the little stage titles and the cut-in portraits
I think the next goal is to make transitions between cards nicer, as well as at least 1 other ‘stage.’ The background will be the same though; I don’t plan on making another.
Maybe after that I’ll think of something for the main menu.