Bombs, Items, Power Level, Asset ReplacementPosted: January 4, 2013
I made a list of things that I decided I needed to do in order to call it finished. Today, I did:
- Enemy HP : enemies don’t just die upon making contact with bullets now, depending on the enemy
- Bombs : inflict a flat amount of damage against all enemies and clears all bullets
- Items : when an enemy dies, it has a chance to drop a score item (+1 score), a power item (+1 power), a life item (+10 life), or a bomb item (+1 bomb). The items start scaled down into a point, and expand up to a ‘rest’ size. After a certain duration, the item begins to shrink, then it disappears. When the player moves near them, they are set to move towards the player at a high speed. They are removed either on item expiration or contact with the player. If it makes contact with the player it will give whatever bonus it’s supposed to give
- Power Level : player can accumulate power points; at certain thresholds of power, the player’s shot pattern and speed change. The number of bullets fired per firing cycle increases, and variance in the angle and speed increases with power level.
- Replaced the bullet, shot, and enemy sprites with new textures/models. Can’t really tell, but the old ones were single color textures
Tomorrow.. I might try to draw the cut-in, make the game screen look prettier, and make a text display that pops up when the level changes near the center of the screen. I think bosses and enemy patterns will be the most time consuming of all of the tasks. I’ll leave enemy patterns for last; I think having boss levels would be more important than that. Man.. every time I dig into my picture folder for something to post I look back at the other project and think … I moved back a considerable amount? Maybe. I don’t know, but for some reason I feel like I can actually finish this project. Even though I felt the exact same way about the last project, and thought there was no way I wouldn’t finish it. I … haven’t given up, but the idea of making progress on the old project seems so far away. Well. That’s a worry for another day